I have dedicated my career to policy advocacy, strategic communications, media relations, and grantmaking program development.
I’m looking for opportunities to utilize my skills on behalf of changemakers working to improve the wellbeing of people and our planet.
I founded and operated three businesses; directed a foundation and a nonprofit communications organization; and have been senior publicist for multiple leading progressive nonprofits. I also served as press secretary in the U.S. Senate, and press assistant in the White House.
I have worked with dozens of advocacy campaigns and initiatives on issues affecting public and environmental health on topics ranging from the food we eat, to our carbon footprint, to the human and wildlife impacts of pollution.
I’m a natural networker with a large community of experts in their fields.
I’m known for my ability to see the big picture, counter opposition, develop effective messages, and bring powerful voices into the spotlight at just the right time to make an impact.
- Media Relations
- Strategic Communications
- Grantmaking Strategy
- Landscape Research
- Writing — grants, reports, press releases, opinion pieces, talking points, speeches
- Program Development
- Public Opinion Research
- Impact Evaluation
- Strategic Partnerships and Alliance Development
- Spokesperson Identification and Training
- Master Gardener Community Educator/
Food Bank Garden Project Mentor
- School Garden Club Teacher
- Washington Conservation Voters Board Member
- Reading is Fundamental Tutor